Sunday, 3 January 2016

2015 Roundup

Happy New Year dear readers! I hope 2015 was good to you. Even if it was a tough one, I hope 2016 brings you all the best.
I love New Years because it is a chance for fresh starts and I feel blessed to be gifted with another year. Who knows what adventures it will bring!



Here's a few things I learnt or accomplished in 2015.

1. I Got my tarot business going
I made an Etsy store towards the end of 2014, but in 2015 I revamped it more to my liking and even made a website! I ordered business cards and most excitingly found a great metaphysics store to read out of on Sundays. I have been shopping at Radiance Gifts for years, so being able to give readings there is a huge honour.
I also started offering astrology birth charts and attended some rural psychic fairs as a reader, which was a lot of fun.

2. I continued to make art
While the pace of creation slowed down last year and I wasn't nearly as productive as I would of liked, I did still paint even between working full time, being a step parent and starting up my business, so I think it's a victory. I currently have my latest works showing at the Auxiliary Gallery at the Cre8ery Gallery and Studio . I am looking forward to being a part of a group show in March with some of my artist friends I graduated with back in the early 2000s.

3. I overcame some health issues I started 2015 by getting pretty sick with a flu and then developing what I thought was a bad UTI, although no amount of antibiotics cleared it up. I spent a month felling like I perpetually needed to go to the bathroom (TMI?). It was very uncomfortable. Finally my doctor said it was Intersistal Cystitus, which is basically an unhappy bladder. There is no cure, but 50% of people just have it spontaneously go away. I was put on Amitryptaline to relax me which was a godsend and not only did it help that but it also helped my anxiety which I have been struggling with. I eventually went off of it and the issue disappeared, which I am so so grateful for. It did help me realize that it's okay sometimes to take medicine when I'm having anxiety issues. While I don't want to rely on it and was resisting it because I was worried it would somehow make me less sensitive or less me, I know now it's okay to take medicine sometimes when it's really bad. I wouldn't suffer through a physical ailment and try to be tough, so why would I suffer mentally?

4. I slowed down
My health issues forced me at the start of the year to slow down. I had to withdraw a bit from some extra curricular activities and take care of myself. It forced me to say no and put myself as a priority. This was a good lesson for me and helped me to reassess some activities and relationships.

5. I said goodbye to some people
This year my Grandpa passed away at the age of 98. This was hard even though I knew he couldn't live forever. I was blessed to have had him in my life for so long. Below is a picture of my Grandpa's parents (upper left and upper centre) and my great great grandpa (centre). This my Dad's side of the family, so the French Canadian side. The photo was taken in 1913, four years before my Grandpa was born.



Two of my good friends moved away this year as well, to the other side of the country. While these are not permanent goodbyes and we will visit, and connect online, I miss being able to go out for dinner with them and hang out when we want to.

Again I hope 2016 will be an amazing year for all of us. I can't wait to see what adventures await!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. What a busy year for you. But you have achieved a lot of good work. I hope this coming years will be a bit more about "hello"s than goodbyes, and healthy of course. <3 Happy new year <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes it was busy but I do feel I accomplished some things which is nice. I know you've had a busy year too.

      Delete
  2. It has been a crazy year, and not always very good! I hope your health continues to approve, I know what it's like to have nagging health problems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Laura. I think it's been crazy for both of us. Here's to hoping for an amazing 2016 for all of us!

      Delete