Saturday, 15 August 2015

Update - Zoo Trip

It's been a couple of weeks since I did an update for you on what I've been up to. Mostly I have just been enjoying the summer. This past weekend me and the Mr. took the kids to the local zoo for my step son's 6th birthday.



The Assiniboine Park zoo recently received a upgrade as it is over 100 years old, having been started in 1904. It's received updates and has expanded over the years, but it's been a while since it got a facelift.
They have made a new enclosure for the star attraction at the zoo which is the polar bears. In fact they have a whole arctic animal area with new bigger enclosures for the animals, glass windows for unobstructed views and an observatory under the polar bears pool where you can see them swim. There's also seals, musk ox, wolves and foxes in the arctic area called "Journey to Churchill".



The above picture was taken from the underground observatory, while they were feeding the Bears. Hot tip - go there for 11am, that's feeding time. You will not fail to see bears! We went through the tunnels and saw the bears then the seals (in separate pools for obvious reasons). I thought the bears were done, but then one swam down and took a peak at me. It was adorable and I'm glad I got a pic.



I would of taken more photos, but the battery on my phone died. I will definitely take more photos next time.
I would like to go back again as the kids got tired half way through so I missed the butterfly hours and the lions and tigers (on my!) the zoo is also building a new attraction as well - a heavy horse barn. I can't wait to check that out.
Do you still visit zoos? Let me know the last time you went and what your favourite animals to see are.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I would like to go to a zoo again soon! It is soooo expensive in Australia though, now I know why my parents didn't take me as often as I wanted!

    ReplyDelete