Saturday, 22 August 2015

Update - Loulapaloosa

This past week I took off from work. I usually take the week off around my birthday and I fondly call it "Loulapaloosa". This week I was especially looking forward to as the last three times I have had a week off I have gotten sick. It's almost like my body sees me rest and decides to really make me rest by forcing me to lie in bed.This week though I remained well and had a wonderful time.
I kicked off last Saturday, the actual day of my 41st birthday by going out for dinner with the BF. He does not like to appear in social media, so I will refrain from posting pics of him. I will show you the food though. We went to a local Italian place called Buccachinos and I had calatalia, it's spaghetti in garlic and olive oil with black olives, green pepper, feta and sun dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Then we stopped and got cake at a wonderful bakery called Baked Expectations. We got the chocolate strawberry mousse cake. I posted a pic on Instagram and Twitter and can't believe how much retweeting its received.



The calatalia



The infamous chocolate strawberry mousse cake

Sunday I got together with friends and we went for dim sum, then Back to my place for cake and coffee/wine/beer etc. I bought a MLP table cloth and cups and plates. Hey, it's my party so I can do what I want! I recieved some lovely flowers from my friend Aimee(see below). I also got a book of Steampunk romances from my friend Zlatan, and a bottle of sparkling wine from my friend Mel. Such thoughtful gifts. šŸ’–






The rest of the week was pretty quiet which is just the way I wanted it. I did work a little on cleaning up my computer which has died. I'm saving photos onto CDs and then I'm going to factory reset the thing. If that doesn't work then I am getting a new computer. I mostly spent the week just reading on my deck and drinking cherry coke. I love this drink but you never see it here in Canada, only in the U.S. However this summer they are selling it as a promotion. I have been stocking up! I know it sounds silly but it's my favourite type of pop and we never see it here.
Wednesday the BF and I drove to Morden as he wanted to check out the Harley Davidson shop there. It's about an hour and a half drive southwest of the city and it was nice to get out and see the countryside. The store is huge and is made inside and out to look like a bunch of old store fronts.






On Thursday I went and got my hair redone, as the bangs were getting long, the colour fading and my roots shocking. Here is the before and after photos. So glad to get things refreshed!






Yesterday the BF the kids and I went out to his family's farm in Minnedosa. It was nice again to get out in the country and see everyone. I'd post farm photos, but the kids and the BF are in them and I want to respect privacy. We found a cool lookout tower over the town, as it is in a valley. I took a photo at the top of the hill, then went to the top of the tower, but alas my phone died. At least I got this shot.



All in all it was a nice relaxing week off. I hope your summer (winter for those down under) is going well too. šŸ’œ

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment