Saturday, 6 June 2015

What I am Reading This Month - June

I think I will start a monthly post featuring the books I am reading. You see I have a problem when it comes to books, the same way some people have a problem with shoes. It's hard to pass a book store without being inevitably sucked in and accosted by some poor book that just wants to come with me. And I can't just read one at a time - no, no, no. One must have several going at once. So below you will find this month's culprits.






You Can Heal Your Life - Companion Book
This is the companion book to go with Louise Hay's classic book. I read that book from time to time as it reminds me to keep positive. This book is more challenging in that it gets you to journal about your beliefs and come up with affirmations. I recommend it if you are doing any personal or shadow work, and are looking at healing parts of your life.






Eastern Body Western Mind
This book is another oldie but a goody. I have the older edition as seen above. It's been reprinted with a new cover featuring a lotus flower drawing. The book takes you through the seven chakras, focusing on the health and psychological issues that arise when these energy centres are blocked or excessive, and goes through ways you can heal them. It's very in depth and while it is an older book, it is still a classic.






Chakra Wisdom Oracle Toolkit
This is a newer book by Tori Hartman, who is also the author of the Chakra Wisdom Oracle cards. I got the cards last year and find they are excellent for pointing out areas you need to work on and issues you may be dealing with. The book takes you through each of the chakras and cards and has weekly meditations and exercises for you to work on. It takes a year to work through it all, so I will have to let you know how it is when I finish it, but I am enjoying it so far.






Assertiveness for Earth Angels
This is also a newer book by Doreen Virtue that I believe came out last year. I'd seen it in the bookstore a few times and walked past, but picked it up this week, as I am really trying to work on being more assertive. I guess all the other work I'm doing form the above books on my base chakra made me think of this. I like some of her books better than others and this one seems quite practical with tips on how to deal with certain toxic behaviours or relationships. Again I should do a review when I'm done to let you know how it is.

What are you reading this month?
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment