Sunday, 5 April 2015

Putting Spring Into Your Dark Wardrobe

Spring is in the air, even here on the Canadian prairies where it often comes later than in most parts of the world. While flowers aren't quite blooming here yet, the snow is mostly melted and the birds are coming back. I've put away the winter coat and the heavy winter boots and am looking to put a little spring back into my wardrobe, but don't want to compromise my spooky look either.
I was looking around Etsy and Pintrest and found a lot of inspiration in pastel goth looks. While I personally wouldn't go all out with this look, I think certain elements can help "spring up" your spooky look.






Hair
A bold way to brighten up your gothy look is dying your hair a pastel pink, blue, purple or teal, or a bright blue or pink or purple. It is a commitment though, so make sure it is a colour you love. On the bright side (no pun intended) you can continue to don all black and still have a touch of spring.






Makeup
This is probably the easiest way to add a little colour. You can put some spring colours into your eye shadow while pairing it with a dark lipstick. Or you can go the opposite way and pair dark eye shadow with a pastel lipstick.






I'm not brave enough for the pastel lipstick, but there are others who can definitely carry it off.






Accessories
Another easy way, is to add a few colourful accessories to your dark look, like these pastel bats. Wether it's colourful bracelets, pendants or earrings, you can add colour while still keeping a spooky theme. Check out these stockings with cute pastel bats. It's like spring and Halloween smashed together.






Flower Crowns
This is probably the one accessory that says springtime the most to me. These have been ridiculously popular the past couple of years, so it's easy to find them in mainstream shops. You can even get ones with spikes on them.






I hope this has given you a few ideas. I've added a little colour to my eyeshadow today to "spring it up" a little bit.






Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. I love the sparkly violet eyeshadow, I have added it to my makeup inspiration folder. Pale lipstick does not suit me but does look good on others! I have a really cool flower crown on order, waiting impatiently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. humm maybe spring is why i had to dye my hair then? O_O

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love icy pastels with black. Also, this is late but I wanted to let you know I did the Intuitive Tag.

    http://themidnightballroom.blogspot.com/2015/04/of-gothy-witch-and-some-neat-questions.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I have nominated you to do the Liebster Award tag because I think you have a great blog! For more information you can check my post here:
    http://retro-electric.blogspot.com/2015/04/liebster-award.html
    It's a great way to get your blog noticed! Once you've finished, let me know as I'd love to read your answers! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you! Love your blog. :) I will definitely do this.

      Delete