Saturday, 31 January 2015

The Professor's Monthly Homework Assignment - What's on Your Cutting Table



For January, the Professor asked us to talk about the celts and art projects we have on the go. I don't have any craft projects, but I do paint, as I am an artist. Lately I've been focusing most of my time on starting up my tarot card reading business, so have had to put some of my art on hold for a while. I have made some religious icons this year, and plan to make and sell more in my Etsy shop






Horus Icon

My icons are on either canvass or wood, and I use acrylic, ink and gold leaf to make them. I paint both pagan ones, and Christian ones of angels and saints. I recently made a commissioned one for a family member, of St Anthony of Padua. I also gave a couple as gifts for Christmas.
I do have one left in my shop, of St Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals.




As I said above, I plan on making more paintings this year. I find art making to be a relaxing and essential to my well being, so I know I need to do more of it.

I can't wait to see the other posts of the participants. I love seeing what other creative people are up to!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful icons! I agree that making art (or anything!) is very beneficial to our well being. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! And thanks for submitting painting projects. :) Does my old artist heart good.

    ReplyDelete