Saturday, 15 November 2014

Recent Tarot Purchases




Recently I purchased the Angel Tarot and companion book by Doreen Virtue. I felt called to this tarot deck as I recently started working in my spiritual practice with another angel deck by this same author - The Life Purpose angel cards. I then saw the tarot deck and thought I would give it a try. I'll write a full review in the future when I've worked a little longer with it, but so far I am very pleased. I find this deck has a very gentle and welcoming energy to it, and I think it will be great for clients who are afraid of the tarot for religious reasons or those who are easily put off by darker imagery.



The companion book is very informative and it has a wealth of info, not just on Angels, but the numerological and astrological correspondences of the cards.
I think this is a great deck for the Yuletide season. Maybe because of the childhood associations of angels with Christmas? But I also think the lovely jewel like colours and the fantastical creatures make me think of the colour and magic of this season.



I also ordered the Nicoletta Cicconi tarot, which has been on my wish list since I first saw it being touted on the various tarot youtubers and bloggers. It just came out recently and looks amazing. I love her art work and think it has a distinct surreal and Alice in Wonderland vibe to it. This looks like an excellent deck for shadow work and perhaps for the fall? I will write a full review when this baby lands in my hands in a couple of weeks!



Finally I also pre-ordered Jasmine Beckett-Griffiths upcoming release The Beautiful Creatures tarot. The deck is coming out in December sometime, and I'm very excited as I'm a fan of her work. I have two of her oracle decks The Oracle of Shadows and Light and the Shapeshifters Oracle. I thought it was about time she did a tarot deck, so was pretty pleased to see this would be coming out. Again I will do a full review when I get the deck in my hands.


What are your thoughts on these decks?

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. The angel one probably looks the most like one I would get. I totally agree with you about certain decks calling to different people, I think different people identify with the art differently, or are called to the deck for spiritual reasons. I like the idea of angels as beneficent spirits watching over us, free of religious connotations. I am pretty sure at least one of my dogs still watches over me as a dog angel.

    ReplyDelete