Saturday, 29 November 2014

November Update

First dear readers I want to thank you all for following me over to the new blog. I know it has taken a slightly different turn towards more spiritual topics, but I still plan to do some gothy fashion and topics, it will just be a mix of the two.
My Etsy Shop


In September I opened up my Etsy shop offering various card readings. See my shop here. I have been reading cards for 20 years and decided I should take my gifts more seriously. I got my first tarot deck when I was 20 and have been reading for others and collecting tarot and oracle decks since. Like most people I started out reading for family and friends for free. Over the years I've been told by others that I should do this for a living, but did not take them seriously at first. I started doing tarot parties last year and reading for people in person at events and enjoyed it immensely. I thought why not do it more seriously? Like everyone else I would love to be able to earn money doing something I actually like doing, and that helps people as well. I feel great when I'm able to help someone and give them guidance.
For now I'm offering readings on my Etsy shop but was thinking of putting my art up as well. I make icons, of saints, pagan gods and Angels. Below is a picture of a painting of Horus that I made, it is half finished here.



Angels
Last month I won a spot at a weekend workshop for IET (Integrated Energy Therapy). Without going into a huge explanation, it is about working with Angels for healing and manifesting. I'd never given tons of thought to working with angelic energies but have been getting more interested in it since this workshop. I bought a couple of books and an angel tarot deck and absolutely love them! I think the deck is very positive and gentle and I look forward to learning more about working with angelic energy.
I will review the deck on the blog and show you the deck on my vlog in the next few days.

Facebook Cleanup
Lately it has seemed that my Facebook news feed has been overwhelmed with posts about bad news. Not just news articles that people are re-posting but upsetting and negative/sexist/racist/homophobic comments to these articles as well. I missed people's actual statuses and positive or funny reposts. Then a friend at work told me that there is a handy arrow button where you can hide posts from your feed. I was so happy to find this. Since then I have been cleaning up my feed by hiding negative stories and unfollowing those with consistently negative posts. I'm not talking about the odd rant here and there (we are all guilty of this from time to time), but people that are consistently posting about how horrible/unfair/awful life is.
I have also found positive and spiritual people and pages to follow, which has helped make my news feed a happier place.
In addition, I've been making a point to only post upbeat statuses and repost positive or funny stories. I have been trying to avoid the temptation to click on negative stories I see and get upset about the contents or comments. I don't always succeed, but I have been 90% succesful I think.

What about you? How do you avoid negative energy on the Internet?



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. The Angel workshop sounds wonderful!

    I think people underestimate the amount of negative energy on the internet. If I didn't communicate with so many friends who live far away on Facebook, I wouldn't have it. I wish you could block keywords so you never have to see certain posts to start with!

    ReplyDelete